2020 POLARIS® SALUTES AMERICAN HEROES CONTEST
COMPLETE OFFICIAL RULES
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. THE PROMOTION PERIOD IS JUNE 1, 2020 AND JUNE 22, 2020. Open only to legal residents of the United States or District of Columbia who are a current owner of a Polaris® vehicle at the time of entry and are 18 years of age or older and who have reached the age of majority in their state of residence. Void outside the U.S. or where prohibited or restricted by law. This contest ("Contest") is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS PROMOTION, YOU ARE PROVIDING YOUR INFORMATION TO SPONSOR AS PROVIDED BELOW IN THE HOW TO ENTER SECTION, AND NOT TO FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM OR TWITTER.
- HOW TO ENTER. Nominee must be a Polaris® owner at the time of the promotion. Nominator (person entering) should verify that the Nominee is a Polaris® owner before entering them into the Contest. The entry form can be found at //Polaris.com/AmericanHeroes. Nominator must complete the entry form with all information requested of them (full name; complete address, daytime phone number, including area code; birth date; and e-mail address). The entry form must include telling a story about an American Hero in your life (the Nominee). (The story should be a minimum of 1 sentence and no longer than 20 sentences.) Nominator must agree to the Official Rules to count as an official online entry. Limit of one entry per person or email address. All entries must be received and recorded between 12:01 a.m. Central Time (CT) on June 1, 2020 and11:59 p.m. (CT) June 22, 2020. (the “Promotion Period”) to be eligible. Multiple entries per person or email address are prohibited and will void all submissions by that Nominator. Once submitted, entries become the property of Polaris Industries Inc. (the “Sponsor”) and will not be returned.
There will be (5) Five Categories of entry. Chose the category that best fits the person that is being nominated.
Protecting America (Military, 1st Responders)
Healing America (doctor, nurse, dentist, home health aide)
Growing America (Ag industry, small business owners, teachers)
Sustaining America (grocery, transporting supplies)
Raising Up America (misc. categroy for people doing good e.g. volunteerism)
Sponsor is not responsible for lost, misdirected, late, unsent, incomplete, illegible or unintelligible entries or for inaccurate entry information, whether caused by the participant or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Contest, or by any technical or human error that may occur in the transmittal of any entry or the processing of any function on the participant’s computer system. Participant must notify Sponsor of any changed contact information within the Contest Period to remain eligible to win based on entry information. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest; to be acting in violation of these rules; or to be acting with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any use of robotic, automatic, programmed or similar response methods will void all such entries submitted by such methods. Each entry submission must be manually key stroked and manually entered by the individual entrant; automated and/or repetitive electronic submission of entries (including but not limited to entries made using any script, macro, bot or Contest service) will be disqualified. All entries must be completed by the individual entrant and not by someone else for them.
- ELIGIBILITY: Persons in any of the following categories are not eligible to participate or win a prize: (a) persons who, since January 1, 2020 were or are employees, officers, directors or agents of Polaris Industries, Inc. or Innovative Processing, Inc.; their parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, or dealers; or the service agencies of any of the above organizations; (b) individuals engaged in the development of, the production or distribution of materials for, or the implementation of this Contest; or (c) employees of, persons in the immediate family of, or persons living in the same household as any person in any of the preceding categories. For the purpose of this Contest, “immediate family members” are defined as spouse, mother, father, in-laws, grandmother, grandfather, brother, sister, children, and grandchildren.
Any Contest entries received from an ineligible participant will be disqualified. Sponsor reserves the right to modify the rules of the Contest in any way at any time, subject to state or federal law.
- WINNER SELECTION: All eligible submissions will be judged by a qualified panel of internal judges chosen by Sponsor at the end of the contest and based on the following judging criteria:
Authentic, Inspiring, Unique Story (60%)
Align with the Category Entered (30%)
Grammar and Punctuation. (10%)
The chance of winning depend on the number of entries received in each category. The winning Nominee must agree to submit a photo of themself and sign an agreement allowing Polaris® to use this photo on their social media sites (where permitted by law). If photo is not returned within (2) two days once they are notified that they are a potential winner, a new winner will be selected.
Should there be two or more entries having the highest score (within a category) the submission with the highest "Authentic, Inspiring, Unique Story" will be deemed the potential winner. If that is still a tie it will be the "Align with the Category Entered" to determine the tie breaker. Should the highest scored submission does not accept the prize (or follow all rules of the offer) the next highest scored entry will be determined the potential winner until a Nominee conforms to all of the rules required.
Award of prizes and confirmation of winner is contingent upon potential winner’s qualification and compliance with these Complete Official Rules. Potential winner is notified by email and telephone. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify and contact another submission winner if: (a) a potential winner does not respond within three (3) days of being notified; (b) a prize notification is returned as undeliverable or is not responded to; (c) a potential winner fails to provide Sponsor with photo, satisfactory proof of age, identity, residency or eligibility; (d) potential winner declines acceptance of the prize; (e) if in Sponsor’s determination or a potential winner has not complied with these Complete Official Rules.
- PRIZES: The top (5) five judged entries (one from each category) will win $1,000 to be donated to the Charity of Choice for the Nominee. Must be a (501c) verifiable charity. The winners will also receive a $500 Polaris Prize Pack consisting of a Polaris® cooler, apparel, tumblers and generator.
Total approximate retail of this portion of the Contest is (USA $7,500).
- GENERAL CONDITIONS. Prizes will be shipped by Polaris®. In the event of noncompliance, the Prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected. Limit of one (1) prize per person or per household address.
Prize is non-transferable and no substitution or cash equivalent is allowed except in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Winner is solely responsible for all applicable federal, state or provincial, and local taxes, and any expenses associated with any prizes. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize of the same or greater approximate retail value. Prize consists only of items specifically listed as part of the prize. Approximate retail value is as of the time the rules were printed, and the value of the prize may fluctuate. A winner is not entitled to any difference between the approximate retail value and the actual value of the prize at the time the prize is awarded.
- PUBLICITY. By accepting a Prize, where permitted by law, each winner grants to Sponsor, and those acting pursuant to the authority of Sponsor, the right to print, publish, broadcast and use—worldwide in any media now known or hereafter developed, including, but not limited to, the World Wide Web—at any time(s), that winner name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness (as is or as may be edited, altered, or cropped), information, and biographical information as news or information and for advertising, trade, and promotional purposes without additional compensation or review.
- RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND AGREEMENT TO HOLD HARMLESS. All entrants, and the Prize winner agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor and Innovative Processing, Inc.; their parent and subsidiary companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, officers, directors, agents, and employees; and all others associated with the development and execution of this Contest (and agree to confirm this release and agreement to hold harmless in writing(s)) from any and all alleged and/or actual actions, demands, losses, settlements (whether or not litigation is commenced), claims, damages, liability, and costs whatsoever (including attorney fees), existing now or in the future, with respect to or in any way arising from this Contest or participation in any Contest-related activity, redeeming Contest prizes, and/or delivery/mis-delivery, acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of a prize including, but not limited to, liability for personal injury, bodily injury (including wrongful death or disability), damage to property, and damage or loss of any other kind.
Without limitation, the Sponsor, its advertising and promotion agencies, the Contest judges, will not be liable for any failure of the Web site during the Contest; for any technical malfunction or other problems relating to the telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, or software; for the failure of any entry to be received by the Sponsor, its advertising and promotion agencies, or the Contest judges for any reason including, but not limited to, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Web site or any combination of the above. Further, the Sponsor, its advertising or promotion agencies, the Contest judges, will not be liable for any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading any material in the Contest.
Only the stated number of prizes set forth in these Complete Official Rules will be awarded. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned due to, but without limitation, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, human or other error, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor that, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, could corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest and to draw winner from all eligible entries received, pursuant to Rule #3, as of the date of termination. Any attempt to deliberately damage any Web site or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.
- DISPUTES. THIS CONTEST IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF MINNESOTA WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Contest, each participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Minnesota, having jurisdiction over the parties and the subject matter. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with entering this Contest), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- WINNERS LIST AND OFFICIAL RULES. For the name of the prize winners, send a self-addressed, sufficiently stamped envelope to 2020 Polaris Salutes American Heroes Winners List, PO Box 240, Clear Lake, MN 55319. Requests must be received by July 31, 2020. Limit one request per person or per household. For a copy of the Official Rules, send a self-addressed, sufficiently stamped envelope to 2020 Polaris Salutes American Heroes Official Rules, PO Box 240, Dept. S, Clear Lake, MN 55319.
- SPONSOR CONTACT. Polaris Industries Inc., 2100 Highway 55, Medina, MN 55340.
©2020 Polaris Industries Inc. Polaris® is a registered trademarks of Polaris Industries Inc.
Never Ride under the influence of drugs or alcohol.