Summer Off-Road Vehicle Events>
This summer promises a ton of off-road vehicle events all across the United States, from the muddy hills of the Midwest to the Pacific dune fields of Oregon. It’s impossible to cover it all here, but we thought we’d put the spotlight on some of the very best ATV and SxS happenings on the 2019 calendar for the summer season. Read on and get ready to start your engines!
Types of UTV and ATV Events
Off-road events and rallies come in all shapes and sizes, from family-friendly jamborees mostly focused on hanging out to full-throttle pro-level races. Many of the off-road vehicle events we’ve compiled below mix things up with some fun-oriented competitions (mud-bogging, sled-pulling, tug-of-war matchups), guided rides on local trail systems, ATV and UTV shows and demos, and all sorts of associated festivities. No matter what, these are great gatherings for checking out some high-performing machines and showing off your own vehicle.
Off-Road Vehicle Events in June
From off-road and motocross racing to all-out off-road vehicle parties, June comes jampacked with revved-up goodness.
- Conconully ATV/UTV Jamboree (June 6-9, Conconully, WA)—Bucket runs, obstacle courses, scavenger hunts, guided rides, and more, plus live music and vendors.
- High Lifter Quadna Mud Nationals (June 7-9, Hill City, MN)—Mud Bog Races, the Sled Pull, obstacle courses, and other muddy off-road vehicle fun at Quadna Mountain Park.
- Texas Off-Road Nationals (June 8-9, Boyd, TX)—Part of the TORN 2019 UTV racing schedule.
- Doin’ the Dunes (June 13-15, Little Sahara State Park, Waynoka, OK)—Big-air, wheelie, and other contests plus all-around sand-smashing fun in the dunes of Oklahoma’s “Little Sahara.”
- PURE UTV Off Road Series (June 22, California City, CA)—UTV races in the Pure 150 off-road series.
- UTV Takeover (June 26-30, Coos Bay, OR)—Dune tours, night rides, barrel racing, wheelie contests, and other SxS fun along Oregon’s Pacific coast. Camping available.
- East Coast SXS Summer Slam (June 27-30, Central City, PA)—From drag racing to the Hill Climb Competition and the Mud Tug of War, good times for UTVs, ATVs, and dirt bikes at Mountain Ridge ATV Park.
- NYCM Insurance Northeastern ATV National (June 29-30, New Berlin, NY)—The Unadilla MX stop of the ATV MX National Championship schedule.
Off-Road Vehicle Events in July
Kick things off with a freewheeling, four-wheeling Fourth of July and finish the month on a high note at a legendary off-road rally in the one and only Sturgis, South Dakota.
- Let Freedom Ride (July 4-7, Sarepta, LA)—The annual Fourth of July bash at Muddy Bottoms ATV & Recreation Park, serving as a fundraiser for non-profits dedicated to military members and veterans. Tug-of-war, ATV racing, the ATV & SxS Sound Off competition, fireworks, and more.
- Party at the River (July 4-7, Leakesville, MS)—The Independence Day blowout at the 1,000-acre Wild Country Off-Road park.
- Rally in the Pines (July 11-14, Salmon, ID)—A Rocky Mountain SxS and ATV rally in Idaho’s Lemhi Valley (birthplace of Sacagawea), with guided and self-guided riding in the Salmon-Challis National Forest. Activities include the Adventure History Ride, the “Hunting for Bigfoot” Fun Run, and an ATV/SxS parade.
- Wagon Wheel OHV Rendezvous (July 18-20, Meeker, CO)—Guided rides and other events centered on the Wagon Wheel OHV Trails in Colorado’s White River National Forest.
- ATV MX RedBud MX (July 20-21, Buchanan, MI)—ATV MX National action at the well-known RedBud motocross track.
- DuneFest (July 23-28, Winchester Bay, OR)—Drag strip, free-style show, motocross races, best-of off-road vehicle shows, poker run, night rides, concerts, and camping amid the oceanfront sands of the Oregon Dunes National Recreation Area.
- Full Throttle Saloon Off-Road Rally (July 24-25, Sturgis, SD)—Polaris-sponsored off-road vehicle bonanza at the “World’s Largest Biker Bar” (held not long before the world-famous Sturgis Motorcycle Rally). Guided rides, vehicle demos, mud bogs, sled pulls, Poker Run, bar crawls, live music, camping.
Off-Road Vehicle Events in August
From a summertime festival at the doorstep of the most extensive ATV trail system in the U.S. to some of the country’s best-known off-road races, you won’t be hurting for things to do this August.
- Back to School Bash (August 1-4, Jacksonville, TX)—Annual shindig at the River Run ATV Park along the Neches River, which offers more than 2,000 acres of trails plus camping and cabins.
- Jericho ATV Festival (August 2-3, Berlin, NH)—Mud races, poker run, ATV and SxS demos, vintage rigs, live music, and food at Jericho Mountain State Park.
- Paiute Trail Jamboree (August 7-11, Marysvale, UT)—Guided rides, obstacle courses, mud and drag racing, King of the Trail Competition, live music, and other festivities celebrating the biggest ATV trail system in the country (more than 2,000 miles long!).
- Rock Run ATV Summer Blast (August 8-11, Patton, PA)—Demo rides, Summer Blast Skills Games, trail riding, concerts, camping, and more at the Rock Run Recreation Park.
- GBC Heartland Challenge (August 16-17, Carlisle, IA)—One of the toughest ATV and UTV endurance competitions out there, with a 10-hour ATV race and a four-hour SxS race over challenging and varied cross-country courses.
- General Tire “Vegas to Reno” (August 16-17, Las Vegas, NV)—The “longest off-road race in the United States,” a roughly 550-mile competition, open to UTVs.
- Bryce Rally (August 20-24, Panguitch UT)—ATV and UTV rally next door to the incredibly scenic Bryce Canyon National Park. Guided rides on beautiful Garfield County trails, the ATV Rodeo, and more.
- Mudstock (August 30-September 2, Sarepta, LA)—Labor Day Weekend concert event at Muddy Bottoms ATV & Recreation Park: four-wheeling and live tunes.
With summer events kicking off, there are tons of opportunities to meet up with riders like you, and get out to enjoy your machine. The only thing between you and an awesome time is figuring out where that ride is going to be.